Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yo David!

Who the hell decided to give Spence Pratt his own advice column? Apparently the assholes at Radar decided that it would be a good idea. The cleverly titled "Yo Spencer!" column deals with problems of "regular folks." Hey, wait, I'm a regular guy. Fuckin sweet! All kidding aside, the column has a few gems like a girl passing out in the bed of a guy she really likes and then wakes up to find she pissed in it. Should she apologize or act like it never happened?! Only the infinite wisdom of Senor Douchebag can get her out of this one. I have advice for you, sweetie: Have sex with the guy and I'm sure he'll forgive you. Good luck getting a hold of him because I'm sure he thinks you're a disgusting bed-wetter. I have a question for Spencer: How does it feel to be hated by basically everyone? Not because you were kind of a dick on T.V. (to a girl who was being a total bitch to you in the first place) but because you and your girlfriend are the fakest thing since Milli Vanilli. The wreckage of Oceanic 815 thinks you're over the top. No number of photo-ops of you feeding the homeless, curing AIDS, cancer, and ending genocide in Darfur could save you. Here's my advice to you: Dump Heidi and go into hiding.

On a lighter note, while reading Austin's post about how the Brand New demos were scrapped because they got leaked, it got me thinking about something my uncle and I were talking about the other day. He was telling me about when he used to work at Sugar Hill studios in the late '70s and early '80s, he would wander into their storage and there were all these studio sessions for huge stars like Hendrix, Clapton, and Willie Nelson, to name a few. I guess before they would play a show in Houston, they would go to Sugar Hill to rehearse in privacy. I can't imagine how many cool tracks and jam sessions are on those tapes. Its kind of crazy to think of how many songs the Beatles could have recorded but decided to scrap. That's why if I ever go to the studio ,for whatever reason, I'm documenting everything so nothing gets lost.

Here's a couple of tracks I'm glad didn't get scraped:
Pinback - From Nothing to Nowhere


The Whigs - Right Hand on My Heart


LCD Soundsytem - All My Friends

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Hills is a reason not to watch MTV. Spencer Pratt, tongue-in-cheek or otherwise, is a reason not to purchase or read Radar. Let's let the rag know.